SLIDER

Gray & Red Striped Boy Bimaa Sweater

Boy Bimaa: Sewing for boys

I was browsing my blog feed the other morning and came across yet more of the amazing Bimaas popping up all over blogland and realized I'd never posted about my own BOY version of the Bimaa. Whaaaaat??


I even had the photos taken and everything. I'll chalk it up to the holiday madness...

Boy Bimaa: Sewing for boys

For my boy version I decided to do the shawl collar version. The fabrics I used are from 2 thrifted tees from Goodwill. Normally the Bimaa is a fast sew, but upcycle and use the existing hem & cuffs, you're looking at lighting speed. I'm pretty sure this is the fastest garment I've ever sewn. And because of the awesome pattern, also one of the most professional looking ones! I might be just a little proud of this one ;)

Boy Bimaa: Sewing for boys

I went up a size from what the size chart suggested since I was making it for my boy and wanted the fit to be a little more loose. It was perfect. It has become his most worn mama-made top to date. I couldn't be more happy about that.

Boy Bimaa: Sewing for boys

Boy Bimaa: Sewing for boys

Boy Bimaa: Sewing for boys

It felt so good to sew something for the boy again. I think I may have started something...

Boy Bimaa: Sewing for boys

And just to brag on my new machine a bit... Look! It has an overlock stitch! This stitch is AMAZING for knits.

Boy Bimaa: Sewing for boys

Thanks for stopping by and Happy Sewing!

Follow on Bloglovin


6 comments

  1. It looks just adorable on him! And I love to upcycled and save time, especially on the hem!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks April!! I just recently started upcycling occasionally, the time saved is awesome!

      Delete
  2. Oh, he is the MOST handsome model! I love this boy version, Heidi! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sarah, I think he's pretty handsome myself :) Love the versatility of the pattern!

      Delete
  3. great boy bimaa! i'm inspired!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yay!! I'm sure whatever you make will be amazing, can't wait to see it! :)

      Delete

Jump in the conversation! Leave some comment love...

© Handmade Frenzy • Theme by Maira G.