SLIDER

The Ash Jumpsuit - A Pattern by petit a petit + family for Willow & Co

The Ash Jumpsuit - A Willow & Co Pattern

Welcome to our Willow & Co Glamping Week! I had the immense privilege of testing 4 of the Willow & Co patterns (you can read about those here, here, here and here) and now have been given the chance to sew the rest of them as well! Today I'll be talking about The Ash Jumpsuit. A pattern designed by petit a petit and family for Willow & Co. But first some introduction to the patterns :)

For this "Glamping Week", I have sewn 3 new to me Willow & Co patterns and 1 repeat, because, well, I just loved it so much! I hope to sew the remaining 2 later in the fall.


Let me just start off by saying that while testing my very first Willow & Co pattern I fell completely head over heels in love with ALL the patterns. They all include awesome instructions and especially techniques. I really really love when I learn a new trick just by sewing up a pattern. And also love that when a pattern guides you to a garment that is beautifully finished on the inside as well. With each of the patterns in this collection there is a technique to be gleaned and used again and again as you sew ALL the things.

The Ash Jumpsuit can be sewn up in a variety of ways. I absolutely love that it includes an option to sew it as separates! My little miss is doing great with using the facilities for quite a while now, but easy on/off is a must ;)

The Ash Jumpsuit - A Willow & Co Pattern

I also changed up the neck a bit. Instead of the halter, I decided to try adding elasticized straps over the shoulders. It worked out fabulously and I'm very pleased with the result!

I sewed the size 12-18mo, shortening the shorts by 2 inches to show a little more chubs. ;) I should have lengthened the top to the size 2. The top kept creeping up while she was running around and playing. If I would have paid more attention to the size chart I would have noticed this... Aaaaand. I didn't make a muslin. (! sshhhh)

The Ash Jumpsuit - A Willow & Co Pattern

Another great thing about the separates is that they can be paired with other pieces as well, for a mix and match look! SO fun!

The Ash Jumpsuit - A Willow & Co Pattern

But I must admit that in this fabric, I'm pretty sure they'll be worn together 99% of the time!

The Ash Jumpsuit - A Willow & Co Pattern

In fact, this fabric inspired all the pieces I'll be showing you this week :)

The Ash Jumpsuit - A Willow & Co Pattern

I couldn't resist making a little headscarf/band thingy to go along with this jumpsuit. I'm so glad I did, because, OMG!!

The Ash Jumpsuit - A Willow & Co Pattern

I may be biased, but I think she's pretty adorable :)

The Ash Jumpsuit - A Willow & Co Pattern

Enjoy some "Glamping" fun photos!

The Ash Jumpsuit - A Willow & Co Pattern

The Ash Jumpsuit - A Willow & Co Pattern

This one is a fave
The Ash Jumpsuit - A Willow & Co Pattern

And this one. Who am I kidding, I love them all and couldn't narrow it down!
The Ash Jumpsuit - A Willow & Co Pattern

I can't wait to make her many more of these jumpsuits! A long pants one is on the must sew list for sure!!

Outfit details:
Size Sewn: 12-18mo
Changes Made: Changed halter neck line to shoulder straps, shortened shorts by 2 inches.
Fabric: Famous Maker Stretch Poplin from Joann Stores
Headscarf: Made by me from a thrifted tee

Follow on Bloglovin


24 comments

  1. Oh I do love the Ash as separates! Your photos are wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. your pictures are beautiful! i love how you did the neck part, great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it all - the straps, the fabric, your little cutie! Perfect :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Darling! Turned out so nice.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So cute, Heidi! I love the strap changes especially. Xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. So so sweet! Your fabric is lovely and so are the photos! Thank you for making the pattern look so good! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you Celina!! I'm SO happy you like it!

      Delete
  7. This is FABULOUS. Your photos are SO amazing these days.....they always has been but you have certainly taken a step forward.....yay for evolving!! :-)
    The Ash is soooo cute on your little lady and I love your remix detail with the straps. Regarding the length of the top....you could always pull out the elastic again and sew on a double folded piece of fabric for an extra nice (and in this case problem solving) hem :-) Or a ruffle which is one of the patterns options :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Mie!! It is fun to see improvement for sure!
      And you are so smart, I'm so doing that hem!! What would we do without you ;) xo

      Delete
  8. Fantastic job with the Ash and the photos!! Wow! I love your version and the fabric print... (I have a crush for florals so what else could I say?...ha!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! I have a crush on florals too, especially large scale :)

      Delete
  9. The ash is high on my list of need to sew things right now. I've even picked out the fabric. It's a similar colored floral to this so I'm excited to see it turn out. I love how you changed the straps! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooooo! Can't wait to see yours!! And thank you :)

      Delete
  10. LOOOOVE the fabric and what you did with the straps! LOVE!

    ReplyDelete
  11. very cute!! I love it as separates and with the straps like that.. Looks like it will be a great oufit all summer long. Pinned! Emily@nap-timecreations

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Emily!! And thanks so much for pinning! :)

      Delete
  12. She is way too cute! And that fabric- I love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm pretty smitten with her ;) I have quite a bit of the fabric left over and am brainstorming what I can make myself with it!

      Delete

Jump in the conversation! Leave some comment love...

© Handmade Frenzy • Theme by Maira G.